Friday, January 8, 2010

Iomega External Dvd Burner I Have Recently Purchased An Iomega 500gb External USB HD. How Can I Use It To Run My Desk Top On Start Up?

I have recently purchased an iomega 500gb external USB HD. How can I use it to run my desk top on start up? - iomega external dvd burner

I am using Windows XP, my computer is 256 80GB, which is almost complete! I have some of my programs on my external HD, but when I try to access my PC was struggling to find them and them to return to apponi C: drive is no longer the whole program. What am I doing wrong? How can I configure my PC to full USB drive at startup? I offer, planning m a 1 GB of memory very quickly, but still want the USB drive, if possible, to leave. I have had my computer for 18 months was, and I continue to learn so that I as much information about the issue of potential or even a hand, I can go to this Addy. Please help! I thank you in advance.

2 comments:

TahoeT said...

I agree it is better to use the programs on the internal hard drive because it runs faster to install, and you must re-using the USB drive (eg C: \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ Program Files) is installed as a location. Please uninstall the drive C: \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ and then reinstall the USB drive.

Note, however, you do not want to change the USB drive "letter", make sure that there is always the same drive letter each time you reboot. If you left a different USB device is connected to a moment of the event can be recognized and receive their first drive letter that is on your USB drive and programs on the USB stick is not used has connected.

I agree that your internal drive should be cleaned, but please back up your data can not be replaced (photos, documents, etc.) in both units. If ever your internal drive fails, you will not miss the important photos, etc.

megamix1... said...

Order one, install the software on the external drive to the farm on an icon on the desktop in the near future ... The software must be on the disk will be installed at home ... To keep butter to the software package for the external drive and have installed on your computer. Move to all films, music and documents on the external hard drive ..

Post a Comment